Welcome to my Site

You can reach me at: bnbharty@gmail.com and I'll try my best to answer. I get a crazy amount of email, so PLEASE don't hate me if you don't hear back from me. Love ya!

Click here for my Terms of Use

Sunday, January 1, 2012

First 1st

Hey there you guys :) It's 11:30pm here, and I'm not feeling much like blogging. I'm missing my man, and wishing that I was snuggled up next to him instead of with my cold, impersonal computer... grrr. Not too much longer, right? Longer than I'd like, though... Tomorrow. Tomorrow would be the PERFECT day for him to come home. Or then next day. I'd take that day too. Hmpf. Oh well. Endure to the end, right? And now there's word that the guy who was supposed to book the flights may not have confirmed them right, so they may be later... But that's just a rumor.. Who knows. He should be home sometime in the next month. That's all I know for sure. No confirmed date yet. Sigh.

Anyway, my alarm went off at 8am, and Captain America was on Facebook. So I chatted as long as I could, then hopped in the shower and got ready for the game. Between my teens and Kim's teens, we had babysitters for the Sun Bowl. It's SO nice to have built in babysitters. Jake had plans with Justin for when he woke up. Austin and Joe were gonna go to Kim's house when they woke up. That let Tom in charge of Eme and Jim. And I told him I'd pay him for the day, so he was enthusiastic about it. hehe :)

Here's me, all ready for the game. In my new t-shrit


And my blue hoodie :)
Kim and Tim picked me up, and we headed to the game. Kim was quite upset about the Handicapped parking at the game, and we ended up having to park FOREVER away, paying $10 for it. They did have a Handicap shuttle, though. That was good.

check out my boots! I took the picture for Captain America. He was still on Facebook and we were still chatting.

We hung for a bit, and "tailgatted". The girls chatted and ate chips and such, and eventually, it was time to go to the stadium. We hurried to catch the shuttle, waited in line one time, and squished on. It was PACKED!

Kim and I
Kori and I

Waiting to get our tickets taken
My ticket!! My mom was pretty jealous. hehe. She's the football fan. ha!
Here's my full length pic for Captain America. hehe ;)
We found our seats, and went for lunch. Kim and I each got a turkey leg and a corn on the cob. Seemed like a wise food choice to me :) We could have shared a leg, though. It was a TON of food!




It got TOO hot, so we had to shed our sweatshirts! People were getting sunburns, too! Crazy, for December 31st, huh???
Oh yeah, it was the Utah Utes vs the Georgia Tech YellowJackets.
The half time entertainer was BJ Thomas. My mom said that she and my mom went and saw him in concert in Portland when they were dating! hehe :) He was still going pretty good for an old guy! LOL

Oh yeah, it was a GORGEOUS day!
We made the drinking guys move to one end, and had Jane come and sit by us. She was pretty cool. Her hubby and Tim work together, apparently.
During half time, we went for more food. I got nachos to share, and Kim got a funnel cake to share. I liked the nachos better, and she liked the funnel cake better, so it worked out. I really wished I had some older kids around, to help me finish off the food! (but for that reason only... I hate wasting food!)
There were several dudes in Elf suits, a Santa man, and you can see a gorilla man here too. Lots of crazy outfits. ha!






This is Jane's daughter, Eden. She LOVED Kim and I. And we got to share snuggles during the 4th quarter. It was nice :)



Army guys! Ft Bliss ended up with a whole bunch of free tickets. Thanks, El Paso, for donating them! That's where we got ours :)

I guess Tim had been drinking a lot, and felt like he needed to go and lay down, so we left early. We still needed to catch a shuttle and make it to the truck. :P

We made it back to the truck with no incident, and, as luck would have it, got random inspected coming through the gate. Luckily, it was a super fast check. They dropped me off at home, and the kids were happy to see me.

Joe and I snuggled in my room and watched a movie, then we all did some chores and got the house cleaned up. Then we all watched a few movies together. It was a pleasant evening.

I did get sad a time or two, thinking about how Captain America wasn't here with me. I spent about 5 minutes sitting on the bathroom floor crying. Then Tom and Jake came in and found me, and brought me out to start another movie. And each sat on one side of me, and snuggled through the whole movie. Yeah, that helped. Thanks, boys!

I texted with my friends for a little while, and played Family Feud on my phone for a bit. I'd already seen the movie. At 10:30pm, the kids were starting to get tired and restless. They couldn't agree on one more movie, so I just sent them to bed. No one complained.

I started blogging, and watched some TV. It just turned midnight (thanks, Amanda, for texting to tell me Happy New year or I would have missed it completely - ha!). I'm finished with the blog, and I'm gonna go to sleep. '

Happy New Year, you guys! Hopefully I won't have to be "single" for long in it! I can't take about another month, but that's all I got in me! No more - hehe :)

Click on the link below to go to my account to download the PNG file, and leave some love if you like my work. thanks!


Sharon, my dear, if you made a layout, I couldn't find it. I so didn't wanna blog last night. Here's my sorry attempt at scrapbooking - hehe :) My kids are cute, at least, right? hehe :)

And yeah, this is gonna be a series!!! Ordinal numbers, that's what it's called, right? For calendars and dates and other things :) What do ya think???

3 comments:

Shelly said...

You looked so pretty all dressed up for the game. I bet it made Captain America even more anxious to get home when he saw those pictures of you. :)

I love the new number series. Thank you very much. Hugs!!!

deb said...

Thank you for the word art. Glad Captain America will be home soon! Happy New Year!

Mats World said...

Thanx for the First Word art...love reading your blog! Hugs!!