Welcome to my Site

You can reach me at: bnbharty@gmail.com and I'll try my best to answer. I get a crazy amount of email, so PLEASE don't hate me if you don't hear back from me. Love ya!

Click here for my Terms of Use

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Innocent

Hey there, my peeps! Hope your day was grand! I started my week off at 7:15 am and reset my alarm for 7:30am. I was SO tired. I hadn't fallen asleep easily last night. Could have been that long nap that I'd taken. hehe.

Anyway, I got Tom ready, left Aunt Sue in charge, and headed to the youth center to drop Tom off. He was taking Jake's slot at BMX camp. I made sure it was still OK for him to stay, and headed home.

We hung at the house for the rest of the morning. I totally wanted to go to Savers, but my babysitter was gone. And I wasn't taking all these kids to Savers. hehe. That, and I had a Skype chat set up with Captain America at 9am. And we actually got to chat! I was pretty excited! I got to talk to him for about an hour an a half. Yeah, SO much better than Savers! hehe :)

After chatting, I got ready, made sure that Jake was ready, left Aunt Sue in charge, and headed out to Jake's therapy appointment. We got there, and had to wait for about 15 minutes before he was seen. She'd had an emergency and it pushed her schedule back a bit. It was fine. I'd brought my laptop :)

I got a few new WordArt packs designed, and then it was my turn. She told me about how Autistic kids don't know how to automatically process situations and their meanings. We, as NeuroTypical thinkers automatically assign a meaning to any situation. Someone says "I can't believe that you didn't do the assignment that I gave you!" and we'd instantly get defensive or sad or whatever. Autistic kids have to think about an appropriate response. Which is why they get angry easy, because anger is an easy emotion/response.

They also worked on reading situations. She showed him some cards with photos of people in different situations. And he didn't read them correctly. It was really interesting to me to see that he really misread the situations so wrong. I really like this therapist! She's gonna be able to teach him a lot of good and helpful things, I think :)

We were done by quarter after noon, and headed back on post to pick up Tom. And I realized that my wallet wasn't in my purse! Crap! I had to smile all nicely at the gate guard to get back on post. hehe. Ok, so not really, but he did let me on. I explained that I'd either left my wallet at home, or someone stole it at my last appointment. I was hoping for the "left it at home" option.

And we headed to the Milam Youth Center. Tom had had a WONDERFUL day at camp, and wanted to know if he could stay longer at the Youth center. Of course! So Jake and I headed back home.

The grown ups were supposed to go grocery shopping, but without the babysitter (hehe), we decided to put it off for a bit. The kids watched some TV, and we had some lunch.

At around 2:30, Tom called and said that he was ready to come home. So I hopped in the car, and headed over to pick him up. And as I pulled into the Youth Center parking lot, I saw an empty UPS truck! I was SO gonna pose infront of it, but the dude came out JUST as I was approaching it. I totally should have asked to pose for a picture with him, huh? ROFL!

We got back home, and got everyone situated. Joe and Jake went to play at Leo's house. And Aunt Sue and Maddie and Lily and I headed to the commissary. We needed food, big time. hehe. Can you believe that there's already Halloween stuff out? Sigh. But it was fun to walk through the candy house. hehe. Check out this plastic Halloween bucket with suckers in it! ha!

Aaaahhh! Scary pumpkin!

Me and my baby sis!Ha! I win! My cart is more full.....wait. Maybe that means that Maddie wins....
Lily is such a cutie!
She was snuggling with the milk. Ha!
We waited FOREVER in line. The first line we were in SAID that they took WIC, but when we got to the front, we found out that the WIC was broken. Nice. So we moved to another line, and it was SO slow... But eventually we got through.

Here's Aunt Sue and I. I realized that if we stood right next to each other, my head looked ginormous!
But if I moved back a little bit, it looked more normal sized. hehe. Forced perspective, you know!

ALL my groceries!
And we headed to the truck, paid the bagger, and off we went. I paid Tom a dollar to carry all of the groceries inside, and Aunt Sue and I put them all away. Then I started cooking sausage and egg burritos. SUPER tasty :) And I had enough extras to put about 7 in the fridge for breakfast tomorrow.

And soon, it was bedtime. We set the kids up on the couches with a movie, and Aunt Sue and Amanda and I headed out to the Dollar Tree. Maddie had gone to bed with her girls. I SO needed bread. And Bread I got! They had a TON there! But first, we made stop at 7 11 for a drink! DDP for me. But it tasted a bit off... But I still drank 1/2 of it - hehe.

And this. Do you think that I need this? hehe.

Aaahhh! Slappy hand!
Ha! It's amazing that anyone wants to come to the store with me - hehe
We weren't ready to come home yet, so we headed to Walmart. I needed tampons. And I wasn't about to buy those at the Dollar Tree! HA!

We wandered around, and found the few things that we needed. It was a VERY brief Walmart trip! I only got 4 things. Yeah, I didn't need one of these. ha!



Or This...
Ha! We were having WAY too much fun it the part isle!
By the time we headed to pay, the lines weren't as long as when we first walked in. It was pretty bad when we first walked in. We only had to wait for 2 people in front of us. See, the Angry Bird attacked me in line! hehe :)
Oh yeah, only the necessities!
I got out of Walmart with only 4 things. hehe. We paid, and headed back home. Tom got a new Wallet for his babysitting, and I sent Amanda home with some cinnamon rolls. YUM!

I put all the kids to bed, and Aunt Sue and I sat down to watch a movie. I blogged, and here it is, 11:14 pm. The movie is almost over, then we're going to bed. Tomorrow Tom has camp, and Jake has "Go Live" at the Youth Center in the evening. Nothing else concrete is planned. Night, girls!

Click on the link below to go to my account to download the PNG file, and leave some love if you like my work. Thanks!


What a precious and adorable layout!!! Super soft colors, and I love you used the grungy wordart and made it look soft! Fabulous job, Sharon!


2 comments:

Jim said...

Ummm . . . what about your wallet? Don't leave us hangin', man!

Sylvia said...

Thank you very much for this magnificent word art.