Welcome to my Site

You can reach me at: bnbharty@gmail.com and I'll try my best to answer. I get a crazy amount of email, so PLEASE don't hate me if you don't hear back from me. Love ya!

Click here for my Terms of Use

Sunday, June 26, 2011

Walk in the Light, the Blog (hehe)

I blogged. I really did! And it took me about an hour. And I was done before 10pm. And I hit publish at 7am, and it was all ready and set to go. Then, when I wake up this morning, I start getting emails about missing my blog. Whaaaat? So, I go and look, and nope, it's gone. Just the WordArt part is left. What the crap? SO not cool....

So, here goes. Blogging about Saturday, take 2.... Lets see if I can remember what I did. Ha!

I'd taken an Ambien on Friday night, because after the SUPER long week I'd had, I needed a nice sleep. And a nice sleep is what I got! I woke up between 9:30 and 10am! Captain America was Skyping with Tom when I went out to check on the kids.

We all chatted with him, even Boxer got in on the action. I was sitting on the couch with Tom, and he totally jumped up on my lap! hehe. Dang, he's heavy! I think he weighs as much as Jimmy. Imagine that jumping on your lap. hehe.

We chatted for about an hour, then Captain America needed to go to bed, and we got ready for the pool. Joe and Jim and Tom and I headed out. Eme wanted to stay home with Jake, and he was still sleeping. We made up some peanut butter sandwiches, and brought some banana chips (they were supposed to be for Captain America's package...we'll have to go back and get some more. hehe), and headed out.

Not too many people at the pool. But then, we got there 10 minutes after it opened. Ha! Amanda joined us, and we spent a few hours at the pool. The big slide wasn't working today (they were trying their best to get it working, though), and I SO wanted to go down it and fall in the cold water. But I didn't wanna just jump in the pool.

So we let the kids swim, and we hung out in the sun.


But quickly moved to the shade. Because it was SO hot and intense. And yes, I totally had on sunscreen. SPF 30 today!

Amanda had brought chips and gatorade, and the kids had a nice little feast. Eating and diving and sliding (on the smaller yellow slide) and swimming. Great way to spend part of the day!Amanda tried to turn on some music, and her Driod freaked out. It started playing everything in Chipmunk style. SO funny. Well, maybe not, because that meant that her phone was malfunctioning. But still, it was humorous!







She and I got in eventually. We sat on the edge with our feet in the water for the longest time. The water was SO cold. But eventually, I jumped. Very brisk. hehe. But it really did feel good. Our high was 106 today!

We headed home around 1pm. Don't wanna wear of the "funness" of the pool all in one day, right? hehe. The kids wanted popsicles, and me, ever the clever one, decided to make them work for it. 1 popsicle for cleaning out the car, 2 for cleaning out the truck, 1 for straightening the backyard, 1 for chores/rooms, 3 for cleaning out the garage. Eme and Joe and Jim and I worked on the garage. Cleaned and swept out! See, it looks pretty good.
Tom and I watched a movie in my room on my couch, and I fell asleep with about 30 minutes left on the movie. And when I woke up, I moved to my bed to finish my nap. hehe. It felt SO good. What a great, lazy Saturday!

When I got up, the kids were all playing nicely. Jake, Eme, and Tom were on laptops, and Joe and Jim were on Just Dance 2 on the Wii.

I found the extra Wii remote on the couch, and joined Joe in his game. hehe. LOVE that game, and really do need to play it more often!
We all had dinner (fend for yourself night...), and I headed out to help Amanda get her hubbys car over to his work. Remember, we'd taken it to get maintenance. He's still in the field, and Amanda is heading to New Mexico to visit family tomorrow. She and I both drove out to Far Biggs, left his car, and we headed back to main post.

She wanted to say thanks by buying me a Blizzard, since we'd been talking about them ALL week long. SURE thing, my dear! I'm always up for a Blizzard. hehe.

We stopped by Freedom Crossing at the PX, and went to Dairy Queen. Never been in there before. They have a mini size, and it was JUST perfect! Brownine batter Blizzard. Oh yeah!

We sat outside, ate our Blizzards, then headed back home. I dropped her and Austin off at her house, then went back to mine. From 8-9pm, the kids and I did a super clean of the house. Kitchen cleaned, living room cleaned, dining room cleaned, backyard cleaned, pool put away, bikes organized. Oh yeah, the house looked super when we were done!

I sat down and blogged from 9-10pm (but it apparently didn't stick...), then was done. And was trying to decided whether I wanted to design or watch more TV. And then started texting Amanda, and she invited me over. Visit with friends sounded like a PERFECT idea. hehe.

The kids were all in bed and asleep, except for Jake, who was reading in his room. I let him know where I was going, and headed out. She and I watched some TV, part of a movie, and chatted, and had a fun time. I managed to get 2-3 WordArt packs designed, so it was a productive evening. hehe.

I got home a little before 1am, and went straight to bed. We have Stake Conference on Sunday, and it doesn't start till 1pm. So sleeping in was DEFINITELY on the plan.

I woke up at 7:30/8am (not sleeping in too much, I guess) and couldn't go back to sleep. I checked emails, and realized that my blog hadn't "stuck". Crap. So, here I am, 9am already, and I'm done blogging. For the 2nd time... Kids and I are watching a movie (well, little kids, anyway. Jake and Tom are still asleep) and we'll have to start getting ready for church around 10:30am.

Click on the link below to go to my account to download the PNG file, and leave some love if you like my work. Thanks!


Precious! Simply precious. Thanks, Sharon!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just a quick note to let you know that a link to this post will be placed on CraftCrave in the DigiFree category today [27 Jun 01:00am GMT]. Thanks, Maria

TitanThirteen said...

Awesome WA, thanks!
You can't play Just Dance while sitting down, you big cheater! lol