Welcome to my Site

You can reach me at: bnbharty@gmail.com and I'll try my best to answer. I get a crazy amount of email, so PLEASE don't hate me if you don't hear back from me. Love ya!

Click here for my Terms of Use

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

June Calendar

Hey there, you guys :) My day started off bright and early, a few minutes before my alarm went off. I noticed a HUGE water beetle (they call them water beetles, but they're cock roaches to me!) climbing on my wall above my head.... Yeah, I was up! Ha!

I got dressed, read my scriptures, said prayers, and went out to see the kids. I even had time to cook waffles. Of course, no one wanted waffles. They'd all eaten or were gonna eat cereal or oatmeal. No biggie. Waffles for Dinner! hehe.

I got Jake out the door at 7am, and Joe, Eme, and Tom out the door at 7:30am. Jim and I watched a bit of TV, and I got dressed and applied a fresh coat of make up. Complete with cute brown hat :) And off we went for errands.


Aren't you proud of me, it's WATER!

First stop, post office. I taped up Captain Americas package, and sent it off overseas. Then Jim and I went back home to print out a form for camp for Tom and Eme that I'd forgotten to do before we left the house. Oops.

Oh well, it gave me a chance to switch out contacts. I swear, my right eye has HORRIBLE protein build up. And even with the fancy schmancy cleaner, it doesn't help. Even rubbing it with Baking Soda doesn't help... Drat!

I grabbed the computer, printed the forms, signed them, patted the dog, and off Jim and I were, to turn in the paperwork.
I met the woman at the office as she was locking it and getting ready to go to a meeting. I convinced her, begrudgingly, to take my paperwork, and call me if she needed anything else. Sure, it's not that far from my house, but I had plans for the rest of the day...

I texted Amanda and Terra to see if they wanted to go to the Dollar Tree with me (we needed new brooms), and Amanda said she wanted to go. So I swung by her house to pick her up. She and Jim and I headed to the Dollar Tree.

I found the broom,s and some decorations for the living room. Because we were still sporting St. Patricks day decorations. ROFL! It was time for a new holiday. They had some 4th of July stuff, so I grabbed a few things. Yeah, now I'm early. ROFL! It' good to be patriot, right?

We swung by Plato's Closet, the fancy thrift store that my friends just opened. But since I had Jim, and he had a Popsicle, my trip was VERY short. I'm gonna have to come back in that store, kid free, one of these days :)

We paid, and I realized that I didn't have time for another stop before I had to get Jim on the bus. So we headed back to post, and went to Terra's house. She was having a hard day. Some days are like that. With deployment. With kids. With twins, especially, I'm sure. We played with the girls for a few minutes, and then I took Jim to the bus, and Amanda went home.

And I undecorated, and re-decorated! Doesn't it look festive???




I left the house at 11:30pm, and headed for the west side. I had a therapy appointment. And I was meeting the girls afterwords for lunch at Souper Salad. Mmmm, good!

Oh yeah, if someone (not me) writes UPS on the back of a truck, do I get a point?
I made it to my appointment on time, and had a great session. We talked about how my eating has gotten out of control, and what I could do to reign it back in. And I think I have a good plan. I committed to 20 lbs in 6 weeks! I know I can do it. I'm enlisting all my friends for help and moral support!

I got done, and drove over to Souper Salad. Amanda and Terra were already there. And Austin and the twins. I ate a big salad, and went back for some sweeter salad (coconut mandarine oranges, walnuts, some sweet dressing), but once I got it on my plate, it wasn't as good as I thought it was gonna be. So I just had a few bites, and left the rest. See, I do have some control. LOL.

After lunch, Terra and the twins headed back to post for nap time (Terra was SO wishing she could take one too!), and Amanda and I headed to Big Lots (right next door). We looked around for a few minutes, then I realized how late it was and headed back to post. Have to get Jim by 2:35.

I got to the bus stop on time, got Jim, and headed home. And I SO wanted to nap the hour before the other kids got home. But I created a Facebook page for our weight loss group instead! Click HERE to give it a look see.

The big kids came home from the bus, and I picked them up, and we headed to the library. They watched the SHORT movie about cockroaches (ok, so it was about more than that,but that's all I took away from it), and I got them signed up for the summer reading program. They got cool free t-shirts, too! I'll take a picture of them wearing them tomorrow.

Eme lost a tooth while at the library. Nothing grosses me out faster and more thoroughly than teeth. NASTY. Just thinking about a lost tooth makes me gag. Gross! Anyway, she was pleased with herself :)

Amanda and I and Kari started on a preliminary schedule for the summer. We got a few bigger outings scheduled. And, if the pools really ARE gonna be closed like the rumor going around post says, then its gonna put a hitch in our rope... Drat!

I really need to transfer my paper calendar of camps into my phone. So that know what I"m doing. hehe.

We headed home after the library, and I had 30 minutes before Joe's practice. Again, SO wanted to take a nap. But didn't. Got the kids waffles for dinner, and I had a microwave dinner and an apple. So far, so good on the ole diet!

Joe and I headed off to practice, and Tom was left in charge. I visited with Joe's teammates mom, Louann, and had a GREAT visit :) She's thinking of going to the BIG water park this weekend, and if it happens, she want's Joe to come with them. He'd have SUCH a blast. He and Christian get along great :) AND, she used to be in the same battalion as Captain America, before she found out she was prego and had a baby. So they transferred her to a unit that wasn't deploying. Small world, huh?

After Baseball practice, we swung by the youth center to retrieve Jake. He seemed in a good mood. We drove home, had the kids do their chores, and when it became evident that no one was really doing them, I sent everyone to bed. My head hurt, so tonight was gonna be early bed time. I think it's the lack of sugar that's giving me the headache. Hopefully the withdraws will go away in a few days...

So here it is, 8:55pm. No cheats so far. I've drank 100 oz of water. TONS for me. I'm gonna go pop some Niquil, watch a few episodes of 24, and hit the sack. I'm sleepy. Tomorrow I have an awards ceremony for Joe in the morning, then we're free for a bit. But, you know me, and how I like to fill up my days with fun and excitement. hehe.

Click on the link below to go to my account to download the PNG file, and leave some love if you like my work. Thanks!


Wow, LOVE this one, Sharon. Great peach/orangie colors!

8 comments:

Sarah said...

ewwww!!! I'd've been up pretty quick too. Sounds like you had a good day. Your room looks great as do you in that hat. Keep smiling cos it suits you.

Thanks for today's word art. Fab as always xx

Anonymous said...

Just a quick note to let you know that a link to this post will be placed on CraftCrave today [01 Jun 10:15am GMT]. Thanks, Maria

CBH said...

Thank you so much for this post. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in CBH Digital Scrapbooking Freebies, under the Page 10 post on Jun. 01, 2011. Thanks again.

sdwrdt said...

Gross about the bug! Glad it was a good day! Thanks for the wordart!

Shelly said...

The weight loss group is such a great idea!!! I'm cheering for all of you. I'm working on making some eating changes too - more to help my triglycerides and cholesterol than for weight loss. I have two months before my next Dr. appointment and she's wanting me to go on medication, if my blood work isn't better. I don't want that, so have to eat better and exercise more.

Thanks for the great word art. :)

randomhousewife said...

Thanks for all your work! I've figured out how to make these changable in the Creative memories program -- so fun!

Ella said...

this WA is really extra, I like it, thanks !

deb said...

Ok, I'm trying to figure out how I got a month behind here! Thanks for super word art. I really like the monthly one!