Welcome to my Site

You can reach me at: bnbharty@gmail.com and I'll try my best to answer. I get a crazy amount of email, so PLEASE don't hate me if you don't hear back from me. Love ya!

Click here for my Terms of Use

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Peek A Boo

Hey there, girls :) How goes the new week? Mine? Pretty good day today. I woke up with my alarm at 6:45am, made sure that everyone was awake and getting ready for school, opened my door, and went back to sleep. They would come in and out and check with me and I'd give directions while sleeping. Really, it's a great system. hehe.

Jim came downstairs, and went to sleep with me too. And when we woke up around 9am, I snapped a quick picture of us. Yeah, it was SO bright with the flash. LOL!

Jim played the Wii, and I showered. I know, it IS noteworthy. hehe. And I felt SO much better after the shower. Shower, make up, hair, clothes. Yeah, it was a good day :)





Amanda was gonna put Jim on the bus for me at 10:50 so that I could be at my therapist appointment at 11 on the west side. And she texted around 10am, saying that Austin had slept in, missed the bus, and was home. So if we wanted to come early and hang, we could. Sounded good to me! We headed over around 10am, and visited for 30 minutes before I had to leave. Her family had gone to New Mexico for Easter, and she'd just got back home the night before.

I headed to my appointment at 10:30ish, and got there just in time. OK, so it doesn't take that long to get there. I must have left later than 10:30. I lose track of time when I'm visiting - LOL.

It was a good session. We talked about parenting teens. How the teen is trying to find their own identity, and why and how they fit into life. And as a parent, our job is to teach them how to make right choices. By modeling right choices, and actually letting them choose. Of course, consequences is part of choices, too. So, you tell them the expectation, and the consequences, remind them once, then let them choose. And then the consequence comes.

At noon, we were done, and I headed off to Savers and the tire place. They're within 2 business of each other. Sweet! I told the dude what I wanted, and paid, and walked over to Savers. And it was Purple tag day. And yeah, I found 12 purple tagged skirts. Why I need 12 purple tagged skirts, I don't know. Because they were only $0.99 a piece? Because they were cute? I don't know. I just couldn't help myself.

I also found a shirt, and a sweater, and some shirts for my boys. Even a Cardinals shirt that would fit Jake. I don't know if he liked it or not, but I buy whatever St Louis Cardinals gear I happen to find.

Here's me, heading back to the car place, loaded down with my Savers purchases!
I got to chat with Andrea for about 30 minutes in Savers. It was a GREAT time chatting! She was my shopping buddy when I didn't have one. Awe, thanks, my friend, for keeping me company!

I picked up my car, and headed towards the Dollar Tree. Terra wanted me to pick up a package of Maple cookies, which are her husbands FAVORITE. She's putting together a care package for him. I was more than happy to help.

I ate my lunch in the Dollar Tree parking lot, and headed home.

Slug bug!!!!! (do y'all play that game? We play that, and UPS (U Punch Someone)
Here's my treat to myself from the Dollar Tree. Ha!




I made it back to post with 20 minutes to spare before Jim's bus came. So I dropped the cookies by Terra's house, and we chatted until the bus came. She had a TON of food that only her hubby liked, so she was donating it to the Harty Household. Too funny! My kids were SO stinkin' excited when they got home :)

Terra helped me load it into the car, and I went to pick up Jim. And we unloaded the food and put it away, then I tried on my skirts. 9 of the 12 fit! I'm back on my diet, so the others should fit soon, and if not, I"ll give them to Emeline. Not too bad, though, huh?

Jake went to the Teen center, and Eme and Joe and Tom got home from school at 3:30pm. They all got a new snack, put on their swim clothes, and we loaded up in the truck. And it was dead. Whaaaat? I thought mean thoughts about the children, and who had left the lights on. Or the door open. Until I realized that it was me who left the dome light on. Crap. On Saturday night, after bowling, I'd turned it on for some reason, and thought to my self, over and over again "Don't forget to turn off the light, don't forget to turn off the light, don't forget to turn off the light"... And yeah, I totally forgot to turn off the light. Crap!

We all piled into the Saturn, and headed to the pool. Kari and family came too, so we hung out for an hour or so, then headed home. The kids had a great time playing :)
And when we got home, I realized that I didn't know where my phone was. Crap again! I sent to back to the pool to look. Good thing we're SO close to the pool.

And I tried to jump the truck. With the car. And the car's engine is SO much smaller than the trucks. So it took FOREVER. But it eventually worked. And I found my cell phone hidden in my purse. hehe. Sorry, Tom.





I fixed dinner, and while it was cooking, I went to the Teen Center to pick up Jake. We ate when we got home, and the kids did chores. And after their chores were done, we opened up electronics. Tom and Joe and I watched an episode of Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Jake and Jim played Wii, and Eme played on her laptop.

I registered the kids for Operation Purple Camp too. It's a camp for kids ages 9-12, then 13-15 (or so). For kids with parents who are deployed. Andrea's kids went last year, and had a great time. I'm excited for my older kids to go. Tom and Eme were pretty excited about it. Jake? Not so much. Hopefully it'll grow on him....

We put the kids to bed, and Jake and Tom and I watched an episode of Chuck. And it's 8:16pm. And the episode is about 1/3 of the way over. And then, I'm gonna see if Terra wants to exercise by walking around the neighborhood. :)

Kari and I are hiking in the mountains tomorrow, then Terra and I may go out while the kids are at school/daycare. Fun times :)
Click on the link below to go to my account to download the PNG file, and leave some love if you like my work. Thanks!



Super cute, Sharon!


4 comments:

Sherry Out Loud said...

So cute, thanks Bethany!

Marilou said...

Cute! Thank you.

semoharty said...

Glad you had fun shopping for skirts (when do I get to see some pics of you in those skirts?!! hint hint!)

Good job on the tires on the car...perfect! And good work on jumping the truck. Maybe next month go and get a good battery charger from the O Reilys up on Hondo Pass. Dont forget the military discount.

Love you Babygirl!

Barb said...

Loved it so much I had to use it right away. Thank you.
http://atimeforscraps.blogspot.com/2011/04/peek-boo.html