Welcome to my Site

You can reach me at: bnbharty@gmail.com and I'll try my best to answer. I get a crazy amount of email, so PLEASE don't hate me if you don't hear back from me. Love ya!

Click here for my Terms of Use

Saturday, January 1, 2011

2011


First off, I've had a few of you ask recently about Captain America's deployment, so I'll let ya all know. I'm not gonna say exactly where he's going, because that's not safe for the Army. You know, one of those "I could tell you, but then I'd have to kill you" kinda things. hehe. I know where he's going. It's in the Middle East. That's good enough :) I may refer to it as Iraq. hehe. It's not Iraq, but I might refer to it as that, because it's short to type, and that's in the Middle East too - ROFL!

We don't know for sure when he's leaving, because they guard those dates too. We have a general idea of when he's leaving, but again, I'm not gonna put that info out there either. It's relatively soon, though. Anyhoo, just thought I'd fill you all in. hehe.

Hola :) So, it's 2011. Wow. Crazy, but that date looks like something out of a Sci-Fi show, huh? How did it possibly get that far in the future. I graduated from High School in 1994. That makes me old, huh? Or young, depending on who you are - ROFL!

Anyway, I slept in again today. Yeah, I'm gonna be SO sad when the kids go back to school, because I"m gonna have to start waking up early again - hehe.

Anyway, we eventually woke up and got ready for the day. And decided that since it was the last day of the year, and since Jim's Applebees kids meal coupon from school expired today, today was the day to use it - ROFL! He was presented it for "character student of the month". Eme got one for September, I think, but not an Applebees one. But we decided to take her too, since she'd received the same type of award.

Anyway, here's Captain America and I ready to go.



Yeah, the other kids weren't pleased that they didn't get to come, but we decided that since Eme and Jim earned something special, taking everyone would make it less special. So, the 4 of us headed out. Here's me in the truck, FREEZING and wondering why I didn't wear more clothes...

Applebees is pretty close to our house, so it didn't take long at all to get there. The Sun Bowl game was on TV there, so we watched it a little while eating. Miami and Notre Dame, I think. I asked Captain America who he was rooting for, and he said that he hated Miami less. ROFL! Yeah, that's Captain America. There's TONs more teams that he hates than he loves. hehe.

I thought it was funny that it was SO cold for the Sun Bowl. Last week, it was beautiful. Check out the mountains. Light dusting of snow. Not typical El Paso winter weather...

Anyway, here's Eme and Jim waiting to be seated at Applebees. We only had to wait for a few minutes. It wasn't very busy at all. I was surprised.
Here's Jim and Captain America. Captain America wanted to sit on this side of the table so that he couldn't see the game as well. hehe. Wasn't that considerate of him - ROFL!
And me and Emeline. I could have cared less about the game, so it wasn't a temptation. hehe.
And Captain America and I

Here's me, wishing that I had a soda, not water - hehe

Jim ordered a Chicken Strips kids meal with Sprite and fries. Eme ordered 2 Mini Cheeseburgers with Root Beer and fries.Captain America and I both got sandwiches. Captain America got some chicken tortilla thingy, (ok, so maybe that looks more like beef. I don't know - ha!)
and I got a Philly Steakburger thingy. I took off the top of the roll, and just ate the bottom part. It was SOOO good. We both substituted our fries for house salads with Vinegar. Tasty! I enjoyed lunch a lot :)

And after we were done, we headed to Howdys to get a soda for us (since we opted for water) and milk. I didn't realize we were out of milk yesterday when I was at the store.

Yeah, I think it was WAY too cold for soda. hehe.
Jake, Tom, and Captain America played a game of Battlefield with the Uncles in St Louis, Eme, Joe, and Jim played on the computer, and I designed 2 WordArt Packs. And felt tired. I fell asleep on the couch, and Captain America tucked me into bed at some point. I woke up around 5:30pm, just in time to cook dinner. hehe.

Me with my crazy nap hair - hehe

Kids were playing nicely, and Captain America had decided to go and work on MORE shelves in the garage :) I made "Grilled Spaghetti and Cheese Sandwiches" for the kids for dinner. They said that it sounded NASTY, but they all liked them. I had cheese and cucumber for dinner. Worked for me.

And I blogged for a while, and Captain America worked on shelves for a while, and Jake had "why do I have to do all of this work for the dog" issues (which an hour in his bedroom fixed), kids played with Jim's race track (I bought batteries for it yesterday), and we all watched a lot of Old Star Trek (by that, I mean the 1960's one).

It's now 8:35pm. Captain America and I talked about going out to see Harry Potter tonight, since we haven't seen it yet. Not sure what we'll end up doing. We've only been to a few New Year's Eve parties over the years.


That's an awesome layout, Sharon! Great job!

Click on the links below to go to my account to download the PNG file, and leave some love if you like my work. Happy New Year!!!

4shared isn't working...
box.net



9 comments:

CBH said...

Thank you so much for this post. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in CBH Digital Scrapbooking Freebies, under the Page 5 post on Jan. 01, 2011. Thanks again.

Marilou said...

Thank you for the WA!! Happy New Year to you and your family.

Christi said...

Happy New Year! Thanks for the WA. I love the 2011. :)

Mary said...

Thank you for the 2011 word art. I bought your Famois Quotes bundle last night and love it!

Happy new Year to yu and to your family.

Mary

Stephanie said...

*Gasp* How can you hate Notre Dame?! Oh Bret, I used to like you ;) (lol) Just kidding. Although we are Irish fans here. I wish we could have gone to the game, Chuck would have loved that.... But we got to go last year when they played in San Antonio.
Did you end up seeing Harry Potter? I can't wait to see it!! :)

http://graceolsson.com/blog said...

Have a nice Year, Bethany
Grace Olsson

Jennifer said...

Thank you so much for your continued generosity. Happy 2011 to you and your family!

deb said...

Happy New Year (late)! Thanks for the awesome word art!

Sue said...

Thanks so much for the cute word art! :)