Welcome to my Site

You can reach me at: bnbharty@gmail.com and I'll try my best to answer. I get a crazy amount of email, so PLEASE don't hate me if you don't hear back from me. Love ya!

Click here for my Terms of Use

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Home At Last

First off, here's a few pics of my new living room set. Please disreguard the HUGE laundry pile on the black couch. In fact, pretend you never saw it. Me? Let my laundry pile up? THAT high? Never. You must be visually mistaken. I don't see a laundry pile.... Denial? Me? Never!




Hi there :) Well, what I thought would be a relaxing Monday turned into another whirl wind adventure in the life of Bethany Harty - hehehe. Started out mild enough. Woke up at 7:00am, got kids ready and on the bus. Sat around until 7:50am, when I checked my texts. The phone was on Vibrate, or Wiggle, as Karin likes to call it at church (I guess you don't say vibrate at church? hehe), and I saw that the girls were going walking at 8am.

So I hustled and got ready and ate and shoes and situated kids, and headed down to Andreas house. Andrea and I and Veronica and Kayley and Becky walked. I was kinda "odd man out" a few times, since there were 5 of us. Some places in the trail it's hard to walk 3 abreast. I weaseled my way in a few times, though - hehehe. It was a good walk, though :)

After the walk, Andrea and I and Becky sat on Andreas front step and chatted for about 20 minutes. I got a text from Captain America and a text from Laurie at about the same time. Captain America needed some bank info for work, and Laurie had her hubbys 2 vehicles that were dead, and needed jumped.

I headed home, made sure the kids were all good, and drove over to Lauries house to help her. I couldn't get my truck to fit in the space where her vehicles were parked, but she managed to get her car in there. But it wasn't enough power to jump her hubbys truck. I'm so glad Captain America taught me how to jump cars. hehehe.

She was debating just going and buying a new battery, or a portable jumper. I told her to hold off until Captain America come come and see what was wrong with it.

I had to leave to go to the kids school right after that. In my workout clothes. Oh well. I didn't care. I was meeting with the Vice Principal, the speech teacher, and Toms teacher. We were going over the speech evaluation results for Tom. Basically, he's a super smart kid with problems with his "r" sound. She actually said that language wise, he scored the highest of any kid she's ever tested. hehehe. See, all that reading pays off :)

But, they approved him for speech, so I was happy :) I headed home, and got there a few minutes before Captain America. He had a longer than usual lunch break, and wanted to know if I wanted to go to lunch, for his B-day and for Mothers day. Awe, so sweet! I said yes - hehehe.

So I totally had 5 minutes to get from exercise clothes, bandana, no make up, to this. hehehe. Good thing I'm fast :) You'd never know that I was grungy just 5 minutes before - hehehe.


We were going to go to El Taco Tote, (his favorite), but he didn't have enough time to go all the way across town. So he decided that Carlos and Mickeys was good. We got there, got a booth right away, and ordered.

Arent' we cute :)


At about that time, Hilary texted, saying that she and Paul had gone to Basset Center mall, and were heading to Carlos and Mickeys for lunch. What a coincidence! We totally didn't plan that :) I told Captain America, and he said that I should offer for them to share a booth with us. So I did. And they did. It was a very enjoyabe lunch. We all had fun chatting :) Both of our men LOVE hockey, so they had something to chat about :)

We left at about 1:30, and headed home. He dropped me off, and continued on to work. I came in, checked on the kids. Jacob was working on a lab to test the PH levels of different things, using red cabbage juice as a litmus test. He had to boil red cabbage to get it to work. So my house smelled like boiled cabbage - LOL! But it was pretty cool to watch the colors change. We had some bright pinks, some dark greens, some purples, some blues, some turquoise. It was a pretty neat lab :)

Hilary came over a bit later, and she and I drove to Michaels to return some craft supplies from her son's project at school. She'd bought more than she needed, and was taking the extras back :) We also swung by the commissary so I could get the last 2 things Jacob needed for his experiment. Clear soda, and ammonia.

Hilary dropped me off at the bus stop, I got my kids and Jimmy and Veronicas kids, and I headed to the park. Hilary took her kids home to do homework, and I stayed at the park until after AQ. Veronica came to get her kids, but Karin was at the park by then, so I decided to stay. Kayley came around that time with some strawberries from her garden. A pretty good sized bowl of yummy smelling strawberries. She said they get that many ever couple of days. WOW! I wanna garden :) hehhehe.

Hilary came to the park at about 4:20, and we all stayed and chatted until around 5pm. I went back home and got the kids ready for the pool. Leslie's kids, Hunter and Braxton, came with us too. So I had 7 kids with me at the pool. Thank goodness they had lifeguards there. It's hard to supervise that many. Especially when 6 of them are boys. hehehe.

Hilary and Laurie and I and Karin and Teri were there. We stayed until almost 7pm, then headed home. Braxton and Hunter had SUCH a good time. My kids too.

I cooked sausage and eggs for the kids for dinner, then cooked my food. Joe worked on his homework, and Tom and Eme read. Jake worked on homework a bit longer, and Captain America came home at around 8:20pm. He sang guitar songs to the kids in Joe and Jim's room, until they fell asleep. Very relaxing :)

I went and took a nice, hot bath, and then texted my friends for a bit. Not in the bath. Just to clear that up - hehehe. I might have dropped the phone, and that would have been BAD! LOL!

So, here it is, 10:27pm, and I'm done blogging. Just need to make a freebie. And change the typo from yesterday. Then go to bed. Cause I'm tired. This diet is kicking my butt. I guess that means it's working, right? Day 12 and no cheat. My stomach is shrinking, I can feel it :) I get full faster. And that says a lot coming from me. I have a HUGE stomach. I hardly ever feel full :)

So, in honor of some of my friends' husbands coming home from a long, 1 year deployment, here's todays WordArt :) Click on the link below to go to my account to download the PNG file, and leave some love if you like my work. Thanks!



8 comments:

Luna Rosa said...

Hi Bethany, if I may say so you look lovely and not at all like you need to be on a diet, I'm glad it's going well for you though. Thanks for yet another lovely wordart:)

Alli grins said...

LOVE this! Sometimes I think it might be easier to become nudists than to catch up with laundry:-) Good luck! Your place looks great!

Peggy S said...

This is beautiful, thank you. The long swirly H perfectly expresses the idea of coming home after a long absence and hanging on to the joy of it.

Hill said...

You are actually normal to have laundry piled that high with as many as are in your family. Mine gets that bad too, as do some of my friends. NORMAL, I tell you.

Carol said...

Love the Home at Last; and it was good to fix yesterday's spelling, but there were SO many words in it that I figured that I could use it the way it was and no one would notice! LOL And-d-d, I'm a perfectionist!

Porkchops Mom said...

Your set is beautiful, I'll take your whole room....well not the laundry I've got enough from my family :)

Anonymous said...

Thank you for freebies. Link on your post was added to Lori's freebie list

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the freebie - saw it and immediately thought military. Didn't realize you are a military family (my husband is a retired full bird). That was the day my youngest daughter came home with her ROTC duffel of gear for LTC. So it begins.