Welcome to my Site

You can reach me at: bnbharty@gmail.com and I'll try my best to answer. I get a crazy amount of email, so PLEASE don't hate me if you don't hear back from me. Love ya!

Click here for my Terms of Use

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Sweet Sorrow

How was your President's day yesterday? Did you do something fun? Did you get the day off work? We spent the morning at home. Captain America took the truck in to get it's brakes looked at, and they needed fixed/replaced. Something like that. I didn't even ask how much that set us back - sigh. But, he was gone for like 4 hours doing that. Slow car place - geesh! The kids and I did a little bit of cleaning (I FINALLY found my silverware drawer in the boxes in the garage!!!) and organizing, then played for a while.

When he finally got back, we headed out on our canyon hike. It was GORGEOUS. And guess what? I FORGOT my camera. Can you believe it! I almost started crying - hehehe. But , I pulled myself together, and we still had a TON of fun. It was about a 2 mile walk (I think), and was good for the kids. They're getting a bit soft, and need more exercise. It was pretty steep on the way up, but a piece of cake on the way down - hehehe.

The BESTEST part was signing Army Cadences all the way down the mountain. Who knew my boys could sing so loud? ha! Our favorite one was "Got Me Lookin' Like Gomer Pile". It's SO catchy. Even Jimmy (3) was singing along - hehehe.

As we were headed back home (it was already dark), we noticed that the on-ramp from the highway was blocked, and there were police everywhere. As we drove past our exit, and headed towards the next, we saw a car down below that was totaled, and flipped on it's top. I don't know what happened, but it didn't look good. Dang! I hate car wrecks.

Thanks to everyone who commented on my blog on Friday!! You really made my day :) What nice comments, even if they were solicited - LMBO! I'm shameless, aren't I :) I know I can always count on you all for a pick-me-up! hehehe.

So, I said that I'd post the winners on Valentines day, but clearly, today is not Valentine's Day. But we did buy some clearance Valentine's stuff last night, if that counts. No? OK, sorry. I was a bit of a slacker. But, I've picked the winners, and here they are. Did you notice I said winners??? You know me, I can't do anything small. I decided to give away 1 $10.00 coupon, 2 $5.00 coupons, and 4 $2.50 coupons. There were 51 comments, so your odd of winning were 13%. Not too bad, eh? Much better than the lottery, and this one was free. Sure, it's not a million bucks, but it IS my WordArt pack. Comparable, right? ROFLMBO!!!

So, the winners are:

$2.50 coupons:
Bobbi-Lyn (email me, girl!)
Prinzess (I left you a comment on your blog)
SAHM (email me, k?)
Amy Lightfoot (I left you a comment on your blog, too)

$5.00 coupons:
Simply Sarah (it's in your inbox!)
Ginnieg (email me so I can get you your coupon)

$10.00 coupon:
breeoxd (I left you a comment on your blog :)

Congrats to everyone who won :) Hopefully you'll go get your prize, and make some FABULOUS layouts with them, then upload them to the Scraporchard gallery, so we ALL can see your works of art! Woohoo!

So, because my hubby is leaving today on his final (it had BETTER be the final one - hehehe) trip to Ohio to get the remaining crap...er...stuff from our storage shed (friends' garage - LOL!), this quote came to mind. Captain America and I both thought, hmmmm, "sweet" sorrow? What's that about. But, it's by Shakespeare, and Juliet says it to Romeo as they bid goonight to each other. It's sorrow because they are not going see each other that night, but sweet, because they are both excited for the next time they will see each other.

So, see, it's fitting! Captain America is leaving today, and I won't see him till next Tuesday-ish. But I'll be SO glad to see him when he gets back home. Part is such sweet sorry. Exactly - hehehe. I'm good, eh? LOL! Click on the image below to go to my box.net account to download the PNG file, and leave some love if you like my work. Thanks!


Click HERE to go to my mediafire account to download the PNG file.

FONTS:
Sweet - AL Libretto
Sorrow - 2peas old type


11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love this Word Art... makes me sad but we are getting ready for a deployment really really soon... and this is perfect for those going away layouts! Thanks bunches!

sdwrdt said...

thank you! I never thought to use this line for scrapbooking until I saw your wordart! Good luck this week (you've spent a lot of time away from hubby!)

xashee's corner said...

my son had the day off but it was his normal day off! but hubby had to work!
the hike sounds FUN but i don't know that song!
Big CONGRATS to all the lucky winners!! :)
i wish your sweetie safe travels!
Thank you so very much for sharing your AWESOME wa!! Have a BEAUTIFUL day!

SAHM said...

sent an email re: prize. Wow - thanks so much for picking me. Thanks, too, for noting the fonts you use for the word art - I keep forgetting to mention that, but it helps so much to tie things together.

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for this Freebie. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in Creative Busy Hands Scrapbook Freebies Search List, under the Alpha(s),Font(s), Word Art(s) post on Feb. 17, 2009. Thanks again.

Anonymous said...

Thanks Bethany, as always! (My husband works night shift and sometimes it feels like days between seeing one another.)

Anonymous said...

Thank you! Your blog post will be advertised on the DigiFree Digital Scrapbooking Freebie search engine today (look for timestamp: 17 Feb [LA 07:00pm, NY 10:00pm] - 18 Feb [UK 03:00am, OZ 02:00pm] ).

Anonymous said...

Thank you for al the lovley words i have download!!!I link you when i make a layout with jou're words!!

Anonymous said...

forget some thing!!

Amy Lightfoot said...

Thank you so much for the $2.50 coupon Bethany.
Unfortunately I can't find your comment on my blog or where to find the coupon :( My mental status isn't the greatest at the moment...or should I say my concentration. Hope you can help me out :)

Thanks :)

a said...

Hey Amy - Just email me at bnbharty@gmail.com to get your prize. I don't have your email address so I can't send it :)