Welcome to my Site

You can reach me at: bnbharty@gmail.com and I'll try my best to answer. I get a crazy amount of email, so PLEASE don't hate me if you don't hear back from me. Love ya!

Click here for my Terms of Use

Saturday, January 31, 2009

Beary Much

I'm SO glad that yesterday is over. And, I'm feeling much better today. I woke up with a HORRIBLE headache. Really, it was nasty. I didn't even drive my kids to school. I made them walk. It's only about a 5 minute walk, but I still felt bad. My head hurt so bad, I couldn't keep my eyes open, and I was puking every 20 minutes. What a way to start off the morning.

But, I made it through. I ate a few pieces of an orange so I could down some advil, set Jimmy up with the rest of the orange and some cartoon, puked a few times, then went back to bed for an hour. I was puking/sleeping/checking on Jimmy on and off till about noon. I ate a few saltine, and finally started feeling 1/2 way human again. My head still hurt, but at least I stopped puking.

I just laid and bed and watched some TV on my computer. I found if I laid still, I could watch tv and it didn't hurt my head (hehehehe). So, I watched the latest episodes of Lost, and then the first 4 episodes of The Bachelor. I just LOVE television. I know, it's not the best use of my time, and it's probably rotting my brain or something, but I just love it. Guilty pleasure, I guess. We all have one, eh?

By 2:30, I was starting to feel a bit better. Jimmy and I walked to pick up the big kids, and I swear, I almost didn't make it home. My head was pounding, and I needed to get out of the bright sun. When we got back home, I got the kids set up with activities and food, and came back upstairs to bed. Like I said, if I was lying in bed, I felt ok. But no sudden movements.

At 4:45, I went downstairs and quickly picked up the house. Since we don't have much here, it wasn't too hard. But, I got the dishes loaded in the dishwasher, swept the floor, and threw the toys in the kids' rooms. There was a girl in the ward (church congregation) who was bringing over dinner for us, and I didn't want her to think we lived in a pigpen - LOL!

It was SO nice to get dinner brought in. Sure, we don't have a fridge yet, and it makes cooking a little bit more tricky, but given the day I had, I was in no shape to cook. Thanks, Krista. You're AWESOME! I really appreciate it :)

She brought cornbread muffins, this super tasty chicken, rice, cheese, and cream cheesey dish, a salad, jello, and a HUGE chocolate chocolate cake. OMGosh! It was amazing. YUMMY. And, she let us borrow a HUGE folding table, big enough for us all to sit at to dinner. We were cramming around a dinky little card table, with 2 of us sitting on the floor previously. This was SO nice to all sit at the table and eat dinner.

After dinner, I was feeling MUCH better. My head no longer hurt, I just felt a little drained from the day. You know, lying in bed and watching TV can be such a DRAIN on a person - LOL!

I let the kids stay up and play video games till about 8:30/9:00, then put them to bed. I watched a few episodes of Life (NBC), designed this WordArt for you all, and am now gonna go to bed. While I'm not tired, my body is still recooperating for a painful day :) When we get a little bit more settled, I'm calling the Doctor and getting an appointment for some migrane medicine. I know if I had had some, it would have knocked out that headache much faster. I'm SO glad for drugs - hehehehe.

Oh yeah, and update on Captain America. He flew out to Columbus Ohio on Tuesday, and had to wait to rent the moving truck until the army money hit the bank. Now, I know us girls wouldn't have done it that way. I would have waited for the money to hit the bank, THEN flown out, but you know men. You can't tell 'em anything. Their way makes TOTAL sense to them at the time - hehehe. So, he hung out in Columbus until Thursday, when the money came in. He got the truck on Thursday, and loaded it all day Friday.

Apparently, we have more stuff than the biggest moving truck could hold, so Captain America loaded up what he could fit, and headed off to St. Louis. (He'll have to go back and get another smaller truck full of junk again sometime soon. Sigh.) His parents are now living there with Captain Americas younger brother and his wife. He's staying there for the night. Then, he'll be driving over the next several days till he gets home to El Paso. Hurry home, honey. We miss you here :)

This WordArt request comes from one of my CT, Diana. She is working on this ADORABLE layout, and wanted a "bear" wordart for it. Well, here ya go, girl! Hope you like it :) I just LOVE your layouts. You rock!


FONTS:
Beary - PumpinJF
All rest - Pussycat

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Bethany, no wonder you got a migraine. When I read all that you have to do and worry about and still make your amazing wordart then I feel quite exhausted too! Just a quick note to tell you how wonderful your wordart is, I love all the different subjects and fonts and I am addicted to your blog story ...it is so enthralling. I thought I would send you a note to say that but also to warn you against orange juice! I used to get migraines many years ago until I found out what the trigger was and for some people orange juice or any citrus fruit can make it much much worse, just like chocolate and cheese can. Don't know why but I found it much better to avoid those when I thought I might be getting one. Hope you are feeling much better now, love and hugs from England, PatW

Brenda said...

Oh man--I feel for you. I get migraines and thankfully have found a prescription that works, but only if I take it with caffiene. Hopefully you can get to the Dr and get something to take care of them.

Bobbi-Lynn said...

Oh girl, maybe you should see a Dr to get some stronger medication. (((hugs))) I am glad you are feeling better.

Thanks for that terrific wordart, my kids all have their special bears, so I know I can do something with it for sure!
Take care!

Jessica said...

I don't usually get migraines, but the other day I had one pretty bad and similar to yours. I could watch TV, and it actually wouldn't hurt, but the second there was any sudden movement I felt it ALL over again! So, I feel for ya. Sorry that you were so worn out!!! Glad you're feeling better! Thanks for the WA!

belle007 said...

Thank you beary much for the wordart.

DDT said...

Thanks for the word art!!

God bless you, girl!! I hope you can get some good releif from that nasty headache.

It's wonderful to have such a nice support group around you after your move.

Cris said...

I'm glad you're feeling better, love the word Art. Cris

xashee's corner said...

Thank you so much for the AWESOME wa! i am truly glad your headache left and you were able to enjoy the rest of the day!! Now to begin to enjoy the rest of your life! hehe i am also soooooooo happy that the church women are helping you with dinners!! big HUGS!! you are such a strong young woman, i admire you! Hope you have a SUPER weekend! :D

{krista} said...

I'm so glad that you live in a such a fabulous ward with such generous ladies who take such good care of you all!

And I'd be for getting on some migraine medication if I were you. {{{{{{{hugs}}}}}}}}

DimpleBrandy said...

Hi !! I used to get severe migraines about three times a week, I was on two different meds and it was still not taking care of them. A friend recommended I go to a Chiropractor. I did and after just 6 months I am migraine -free !!! Maybe it would work for you...
ALSO, where can I get the Pumpkinjf font ?!?! It's perfect for a page I'm working on !! Thanks and ope you feel better.

Christi said...

I used to get horrible migraines and I went on a medication called Topomax. You take it everyday but it prevents migraines. I've been migraine free for 2 years. I'm actually trying to go off the medication now to see if they come back. So far I've had a few dull headaches but no migraines. I may go back on it just to get rid of the dull headaches. LOL It's and expensive medication depending on how your insurance covers it and it's only available as a brand name. I'm glad you are feeling better. Migraines just plain suck!

Ms. Gourmande said...

Hey Bethany! Hope you're feeling better! Thanks for the word ART! now My LO is complete! Yay! I'm gonna post it to the SO forum!

Diana

Simply Sarah said...

Bethany - more migraine advice....

I never got migraines before but for the past year... i get one a month.. when I ovulate, of all things. I went on the pill and it helped but made my face break out...

Anyway, for my migraines, which involves my eyes sensitive to light, head sensitive to sound... I put an ice pack on my head... the ice reduces the swelling, which is what a migraine is (swelling in the brain).... it helps but it is unbearable at first. Give it a try....